Cambridge English Certificate New Zealand
Cambridge English Test Preparation
A competency test, to help improve study and employment chances.
This course is designed for those wishing to improve employment purposes, for employment purposes aswell as international students requiring a certificate to improve study or employment chances. Also for those who would like to have a formal qualification in the English Language.
You will have your English skills assessed on arrival, if you require more time to help your English skills a General English course is highly recommended. You will need to enrol in a 12 week semester for full time study.
9 or 10 week courses start in January each year and 12 week courses begin at the middle of March and September yearly.
All courses end in exams.
Courses preparing students for the following exams:
1.) Preliminary English Test (PET)
Content: This is the second level of Cambridge examinations. A pass will show that you have developed the language skills for everyday life as well as work situations.
- Studies: Reading - understanding of general notices, signs and brochures, aswell as important instructions which you may encounter.
- Writing - You will learn to complete forms, write letters, give information, report and describe events and situations and express opinions.
- Listening - Beable to listen to conversations and public announcements.
- English - Improved Grammar and Accuracy.
- Vocabulary - Will be dramatically increased.
2.) First Certificate in English (FCE)
Content: Upper - Intermediate English level and the most commonly undertaken course. Will help your prospects of employment in areas such as banking, airlines, catering etc.
Entry: You will undertake an entrance test on arrival.
Level: Upper Intermediate
- Use of English: Improved grammar, vocabulary, idioms and expressions.
- Writing: Letters, articles, reports, compositions and narratives.
- Listening: Extracts, Monologues and announcements.
- Speaking: Pronunciation and helping to develops your spoken accuracy and fluency.
3.) Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
Content: A more advanced course for social, work and study purposes.
Level: Advanced English
Entry: You will need to undertake an entrance test on arrival.
Study: A higher level of FCE (First Certificate in English)
4.) Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Content: The highest level course that Cambridge has to offer. It will help you to develops a high level of competency speaking English for work, study and social purposes.
Level: Upper Advanced.
Entry: You will be required to undertake an entrance test on arrival.
Studies: CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) only on a higher level.
Just fill out our application form to apply or receive further information free of charge.