Demi Pair in New Zealand
If you are interested in studying English, working part-time and learning about the New Zealand culture first hand, then the Demi Pair programme may just be the thing for you!
We can inform you about the requirements via email or phone. Please contact our team and receive free services!
The Demi Pair Club programme is great for those who would love to learn English in New Zealand while earning and working part-time as a child carer. The programme includes 12 weeks of English tuition as well as 12 weeks or 24 weeks of Homestay accommodation arranged by the Demi Pair organisation.
Demi Pair New Zealand Eligibility
You can join the New Zealand Demi Pair Club if you:
- Are between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- Have reached intermediate level of English or above
- Agree to enrol for a 12 week English course
- Have 2 childcare references
- Have been granted a Working Holiday Visa
- Have proof of valid health insurance for New Zealand
- Have proof of sufficient funds to stay in New Zealand
To make the most of your experience as a Demi Pair in New Zealand, it is also important to have other qualities such as:
- Having a genuine love and desire to care for children
- Having a desire to not just be a guest, but to become a member of your host family
- Being open minded and be willing to learn about another culture and be able to accept cultural and lifestyle differences
- Being able to communicate openly and honestly with your host family
- Being committed to ensuring a positive experience for both yourself and the host family
Demi Pair New Zealand Dates & English Courses
There are generally 4 intakes each year (January, March, June and September). However, exact start dates will depend on the English course you wish to enrol in. Please feel free to contact us to discuss an arrival date suitable for YOU.
Students can choose to attend either the General English course or the English Exam Preparation course (including CAE, FCE and TOEFL). A total of 15 hours of English lessons per week is included in the programme, and the hours will take place evenly in the mornings from Monday to Friday.
Demi Pair New Zealand Offers
By enrolling in the Demi Pair Club programme, you can expect to get your own room and receive 3 meals a day. Furthermore, you will receive some money every week, and you will also get some financial support for getting to and from your school. In exchange, you will be required to help your host family with household work and you will also be required to look after young children. On top of the support you will receive from your host family, students will also receive the Demi Pair Club Support Services (DPCSS) during their Demi Pair stay.
Activities for Demi Pairs in New Zealand
All participants of the New Zealand Demi Pair Club programme are entitled to three free trips around New Zealand and nine free trips in Wellington. A huge variety of trip choices will be presented to you.
Here are some examples of what may be available to you:
- Surfing for 3 hours with a qualified instructor
- Trip to Shannon to see New Zealand's native wildlife such as kiwis, tuataras, owls, cattle and glow worms
- Trip to Waiarapa to check out the paua shell factory and the Early Settlers Museum as well as getting the opportunity to taste some of the best NZ wines and chocolates
- High ropes course where you will be trained to climb on a 10 metre high course constructed of poles and ropes
Demi Pair New Zealand Support package
We understand how overwhelming it can be to live in another country, so we are completely committed to ensuring that you feel safe and supported during your stay in New Zealand.
Our support package includes:
- The arrangement of your host family
- Free airport pick-up and orientation
- Ongoing support and assistance
- Organisation of emergency contact with your family and friends during your stay for up to a year
- Organisation of safe storage for your personal belongings and mails (even while you travel around NZ)
Price List - Please note, this price list is just an example. We offer many different programs in NZ.
The Registration fee, 12 weeks English tuition fee, host family placement fees and Activities fees are all included in the quotes as listed:
- 12 weeks English course + 12 weeks Demi Pair stay: NZ$ 4,400.00
- 12 weeks English course + 24 weeks Demi Pair stay: NZ$ 5,680.00
- 24 weeks English course + 24 weeks Demi Pair stay: NZ$ 7,880.00
- 36 weeks English course + 24 weeks Demi Pair stay: Price upon request
- 36 weeks English course + 36 weeks Demi Pair stay: Price upon request
Please note that expenses NOT included are:
- General cost of public transport
- Exam fees
- Special study materials and stationery