Study English New Zealand - Study English in New Zealand
English School New Zealand
Service for international students
StudyingNewZealand.com is a free service for international students who wish to study English in New Zealand or require developing their proficiency in English for further studies or immigration reasons.
NZQA-certified English school agents help you to find the right English language course in New Zealand.
Check with us for a resourceful English pathway course.
Free Application Service for International Students
English is the global language of communication. Language institutes offer a variety of courses starting from beginner level, teaching people basically to say ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’ and let them obtain basic knowledge of the alphabet. So if you are an absolute beginner, who would like to take the first step in your language learning experience choose your favourite institute and get started, language schools also provide private tuition which can be arranged at your own time.
- Free English tests, without hidden costs
- Detailed information on English schools
- Work and study English
- Visa formalities to learn English in NZ
- Further studies and career options after completing the English course
- Internships and workshops to develop better communication skills
- Accommodation of your choice: for instance Homestay, Demi Pair, ...
- Cheap flights to New Zealand
- Contact to registered immigration agents
English Language Courses
English is the global language of communication. Language institutes offer a variety of courses starting from beginner level, teaching people basically to say ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’ and let them obtain basic knowledge of the alphabet.
So if you are an absolute beginner, who would like to take the first step in your language learning experience choose your favourite institute and get started, language schools also pro tuition which can be arranged at your own time.
Service for International Students
Studying in New Zealand is costly and international students must manage their resources to study in a popular accredited institute. AA Education Network (AA) has a solution – it is offered to students applying to institutes via our certified student counsellors.
Get Price-Cuts to Study in New Zealand by Applying at the Right Time and Right Place
AA has a team of education counsellors who provide interesting programs, free advice and tips to international students regarding the courses they wish to study and where they want to study in New Zealand. Students seeking admission to schools, colleges, polytechnics, or universities via us can get free counselling services and study English in New Zealand to qualify for further studies or just to improve their ability to communicate in English.
Some course fee discounts are available to internationals students only for a limited time. AA counsellors will help students to get the ideal course and discounts once the students approach them for consultations. Note that all forms of counselling and tips are also free of charge.
AA can guide students to get the special offer without any cost as we receive payment as a commission from the institutes. In no way, our agency is reliant on other payment.
Students contacting us for admissions to institutes in New Zealand get:
- Special discounts that will reduce their course fee
- Just needed course in an accredited institute
- Value for their time – as they don’t have to go pillar-to-post for admission
- Value for their money – as they don’t have to visit agencies that charge money for providing information on these discounted courses and other offers
What You Need to Do
International students can approach us for getting useful discounts to study in New Zealand. If you have not yet applied for your Student Visa, write to our student counsellors to apply for the same.
You need to send us certain information regarding your career profile so far. Please specify...
- Your qualifications in detail.
- The expected course that you wish to study – if you have not decided on the course, you can convey the same for useful free guidance from our student counsellors.
- The expected institute or location you want to study – if you have not decided on the institute or location you can inform us for a suitable advice
- The duration within which you plan to complete your education in New Zealand
- The expected time of the year you wish to visit New Zealand – generally discounts are available for a limited period. So, it is advisable to keep this option open.
- Additional information about whether you are open to work part-time in New Zealand or already have a skill that is useful to get a job.
Don’t forget to mention a word or two about your career aspirations too. You never know when opportunities come up to help you achieve your objectives.
Post your details to our counsellors and you will soon receive a ping from our side.
New Zealand Language Courses
English Language schools in New Zealand are run through private college's. These colleges are in every city throughout the country. As English is the native language in New Zealand it is a great idea to learn some of it. Knowledge of the primary language will help visitors to communicate with locals this will in turn make their stay alot easier.
As for many international students, intermediate to advanced knowledge of English is an essential Pre-requisite to any higher education course. There are many courses available designed especially for students wishing to further their education in New Zealand. There are also courses available for those looking for work whilst in a new country. As the business world in New Zealand may be different to that of which the migrant has come from, there will be alot to learn before even applying for a new job.
English Language schools also provide IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge exam preparation courses. When applying for a tertiary course they will ask for the international students IELTS score, before offering entrance into the course. These preparation courses are ideal for students needing to successfully complete their exams.
There is also the CELTA course or Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults. This course is great for students with advanced English skills and who are wishing to make a career out of their experiences.
Not to forget the General English course which is extremely popular for those who are beginning to learn a new language. These courses are available in skill levels such as Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.
With so many courses available as well as lots of quality course providers in New Zealand. There is an English Language course available for everyone.
Unitec English language programmes
Unitec’s School of Languages is one of New Zealand’s leading English language providers and an IELTS testing centre.Our teachers are internationally recognised as among the best in the world and the School has bi-lingual advisors. Internal assessment of the English programmes mean that students can graduate from the School of Languages with the required level of English needed for entry into a tertiary programme without having to sit the IELTS test.
Certificate in Intensive English (CIE)
- Intensive practical/academic English
- Structured fast-track study
- Flexible start dates
- Well equipped Language Learning Centre and computer laboratory
- IELTS preparation options
- Small classes with good teacher/student ratio
- Successful completion of CIE meets the English language requirements and no IELTS test is required to enter Unitec programmes.
The programme has 4 terms each year and each term is 10 weeks long. Students can study from 2-40 weeks.
Students are tested on arrival and placed in the right courses which are:
- Elementary (not for beginners)
- Upper Intermediate
- Advanced - Students must be at least 16 years old.
- Tuition Fees
- Monday to Friday (20 hours per week) @ NZD365pw
- Enrolment Fee NZD150
- Passing Upper Intermediate or Advanced meets the English entry requirements of Unitec programmes requiring 5.5 IELTS;
- Upper Intermediate and Advanced graduates can enter Level 2 of the Diploma of English (Advanced). Advanced graduates usually gain 6.0 – 6.5 IELTS which gives students entry into Bachelor degrees.
- Diploma in English (Advanced)
- Preparation for academic study in business and other fields (EAP)
- Higher level speaking courses can be combined with lower level writing (or vice versa)
- Advanced study options on the Bachelor of Arts (EAL- English as Addtional Language) Courses
- Oral Skills 1 & 2
- Text Based Skills 1 & 2
- Focus courses including English for Academic Purposes and English for Business Studies
- Advanced courses from the BA (EAL)
- A choice of 8 elective courses including Preparation for IELTS, NZ Literature and News & Media
- Have an overall IELTS (Academic) 5.0 or TOEFL 500 or equivalent;
- OR: Have a recognised Certificate in Intermediate English, or equivalent;
- OR: Have a B grade in the School of Language studies placement test.
- There are 3 exits from this programme. Diploma in English (Advanced) or Certificate/Diploma in English Academic – the latter is accepted as meeting English language requirements for Unitec programmes that specify IELTS 6.0
- The Diploma in English (Advanced) is accepted as meeting English language requirements for Unitec programmes that require IELTS 6.5
To apply at Unitec in Auckland or to recieve more information. Just send an email to our free student service.
Something to choose from!
There are many languages schools in New Zealand of which most are located in the major business and tourist centres throughout the north and south Islands of New Zealand.
English Language Courses
New Zealand English Language Schools offer a number of different English Language courses, which include general English,High school preparation, English for academic purposes, University foundation, IELTS ,TOEFL , holiday English and English for special purposes. English for special purposes may include English for air traffic controllers, Business English, English for flight attendants and Sports related English.
Learn English at an English school with highly qualified teachers. Study English and experience the thrill of adventure in the New Zealand outdoors.
Students from around the world come to study abroad in NZ and learn English as a foreign language or second language (EFL, ESL) in a friendly supportive school environment.
Getting the Ideal English Language Standard through Apt Language Course
To study in a college in New Zealand, students must attain a certain level in English language. Tertiary education is not possible if the student cannot express well in English – whether written or verbal. For international students, a standard has been fixed through a series of tests. Once, a score is attained the student is eligible to study tertiary education in any of the colleges in New Zealand.
English Testing Standards
There are two main tests recognized globally that assess the standard of English of a student. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Test for Students (IELTS) offer tests to find out the standard of an international student in English language. Once done, scores are given out on the performance of the test.
A score of 6.5 in IELTS and a score of 80 in TOEFL is required for admission to colleges in New Zealand. Although the score for admission to a college in New Zealand defers from one college to another, an overall band of 6 to 6.5 in IELTS would be necessary for studying in a college while 6.5 to 7.5 score would be needed to study tertiary education in a university. If you need to improve your English visit the website English School New Zealand.
Other Standards to Spot English Efficiency
The colleges also accept NCEA credits in English subject. There may be situations where a foreigner on a Working Visa has family members who are not savvy in English language. For partners or children of 16 years or more who have poor knowledge in the language, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) tuitions are organized. Finally, a test must be answered to show the efficacy in the language.
Apt Language Course
Don’t think that failing to score the required points in the English testing examination would mean the end of your dream of studying in colleges in New Zealand. A bridge course is often the solution to enhance one’s ability in English language. The Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT) offers tertiary education in international students in various fields, such as aquaculture, cookery and hospitality, winery, maritime activities, and many more subjects. However, efficiency in English language is a must. It also offers courses on various English learning capabilities for students to bridge up the gap. There is Certificate in English as an Additional Language for Level 3, Certificate in Tertiary Study for Level 4, and Short Courses - English Language Non-Certificate Courses. The short courses are few months’ courses to help the student improve their IELTS score and Cambridge ESOL tests.
There are other English language courses dedicated to train international students to learn the language for admission to University of Auckland or successfully achieving the ESOL standard.
So, you must have the relevant score in English to study at a college in New Zealand. If you don’t, you can still give 3-to-4 months of your precious time to bridge the gap in learning. Efficient programs help international students to develop their reading, writing, speaking, and listening power in English language. Care is also taken to ensure the student attains at least the expected standard in vocabulary and grammar.
Often, students travel, work, earn, and learn on the job. Once the course is over, the students are equipped enough to sit for the required tests, pass them in flying colors, and get ready to study tertiary education in New Zealand.
Our Learn English in New Zealand Program gives students the opportunity to combine their English language study with work experience programs!
Our student agency provides a comprehensive program of courses for all students of all levels of ability, focusing on improving English speaking, reading, listening and writing skills. Our Learn English in New Zealand Program has a communicative skills-based approach to all it's English courses. This encourages the student to interact with other students, their teachers and local Kiwis to improve your English in real-life situations.
Learn English in New Zealand
- Intensive General English - All levels
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) Exam Preparation Course
- Cambridge First Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) Exam preparation course
- IELTS Exam Preparation Course - Intermediate to Advanced
- High School Preparation Program
- English for Young Learners
- English plus Activities
- High School Preparation Course
- Study Tour Programs (Holiday, Adventure Programs)
Our Learn English in New Zealand Homestay Program
Our Learn English in New Zealand Program provides a comprehensive Homestay Program service. Our Homestay Program allows you to experience first hand the culture and the lifestyle of families in New Zealand. You are able to practice your English at home and develop life long friendships with the families. Our Learn English in New Zealand Homestay Program families are carefully chosen for their genuine interest in other cultures. Students are placed with Homestay Program families based on their lifestyle and interests. Regular quality-checks are conducted by the Student Services Department of your choosen College. New students receive a Homestay Program family profile prior to their departure.
Students have the choice of Half Board or Full Board Homestay Program options
Our Learn English in New Zealand Homestay Program provides:
- A full-time accommodation officer
- A homestay family profile before arrival in New Zealand
- Homestay houses that are close to public transport
- A private bedroom for each student with a bed, desk, lamp, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Airport limousine pick-up service 24 hours a day
- Hotel and hostel accommodation if required
- A share accommodation information service
Our Learn English in New Zealand Education Program can also advise you on other accommodation options to suit your needs.
English Language Teaching Course
There are some advanced english courses for english teachers available:
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA
- Advanced Diploma in English Language Teaching (ADELT):
- Language Improvement for Teachers (LIFT)Advanced Practical Teaching Skills
- Public Access Teacher Training Sessions:
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL):
- Foundation Grammar 100:
- Advanced Grammar 500:
- More about English courses
We are a team of professional counsellors for accredited English language institutes in NZ providing reliable and independent advice about English language studies to suit all needs.
English School in New Zealand - Learn English & have Fun
Our FREE English School Services
- We help you to find approved and accredited (by the New Zealand government - NZQA New Zealand Qualification Authority) English courses.
- We are bilingual. Our education agents speak English and German.
- We give you updates on specials and discounts on English tuition fees.
- We accept international student applications for all kind of education (Primary/Secondary School, College, University ) and from all kind of age groups (English courses for children up to retired people).
- We help you to find courses for further studies in New Zealand.
- We help you to find New Zealand Internship Programs.
- We find the right accommodation for you. There are some approved guest families as well.
- We provide you with free travel blogs.
We offer a range of international student services to help you with any problems or questions you may have about living and studying in New Zealand.
English Schools in New Zealand offer programs including:
- General English at 6 levels (academic and general),
- IELTS Preparation,
- Practical English for Work,
- Office English,
- English for High School Preparation,
- Holiday/Summer Programmes, etc
Our students come from all around the world to learn English at a English School in New Zealand.
With its beautiful nature, cosmopolitan cities, ancient Maori traditions and outdoor lifestyle, New Zealand is a wonderful place to study English! Study with AA Education Network in New Zealand, one of the world's most popular destinations to learn English.
Contact us to participate in our English School New Zealand program!
Learn English in NZ
Learn English in New Zealand at an English school in New Zealand - Personalised study programs for tourists, students, holiday makers. Free admission! Our student application service is for free, however language schools charge course fees. Our registered agents provide you with all information how to find the best course offers, how to enrol and pay directly to the school. Please note, that we can pay for your English test, if you are planning to study more than free months in NZ. Before applying to learn English in New Zealand, please read more about us and check our disclaimer.
Want to Learn English in New Zealand? Please contact our team!
Important: English courses in New Zealand are charged with a weekly fee between NZ$300 - 400.
Overseas students have to consider that living costs in New Zealand are around NZ$300 per week.
Our team can help...
General English (GE)
You can take a General English Langauge course to help improve your Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing and Grammar skills.
These courses are available for all people from beginners to advanced....
English for Adademic Purposes (EAP) - might include IELTS Test Preperation
Undergraduate and Postgraduate University Studies in Australia require you to sit IELTS testing prior to University enrolement....
This course is designed for those wishing to improve their Business Communication skills.
This course teaches you the English skills to communicate to either English or non English speakers in a business...
New Zealand is an English speaking country and most New Zealanders are of British descent. It is an attractive, friendly and relaxing country to study English with a wide range of adventure and recreational...
Located in Christchurch, the ‘garden city’ of New Zealand’s South Island, the College has been teaching English to overseas students since 1979. The courses are accredited and recognised for t...
Christchurch Polytechnic has been in the education business since 1906 as a provider of high quality accredited certificate, diploma and degree courses equal to any. The Institute has welcomed thousands of international...
Founded in 2002, New Zealand College (Auckland) is young and modern with state of the art facilities, qualified staff and great location. Students are encouraged and cared for by the staff and assisted with...
English Teaching College is the most multi-cultural Private Training Institute in New Zealand with a long tradition in teaching English to international students, migrants and refugees. Since our accreditation...
Kaplan Aspect Auckland was founded in 1984 and since then has provided a range of options for international students wishing to travel overseas and develop their English language skills.
Kaplan Aspect has been in...
The Campbell Institute (Wellington)
Located in New Zealand’s capital, the Institute’s Wellington campus was opened in 2001 and offers flexible English language options to students from around the world. The facility is ...
The ELA is located adjacent the University of Auckland, one of New Zealand’s largest universities, and offers a range of accredited English language courses taught by qualified and experienced t...
University of Waikato Language Institute – Pathways College
The Language Institute is an activity of the University’s Pathways College, offering students the resources to develop their English language skills in ...
Wellington Business School is an international English language school, among other courses, that also offers work experience, and Australian tertiary pathways with close links to North Coast Institute network of TAFE colleges...
We have the following free English tests available:
Free English Level Tests
Free English Certificates if you study longer than 3 months with us
Please don't hesitate to contact us for further information.
Cambridge English Test Preparation
A competency test, to help improve study and employment chances.
This course is designed for those wishing to improve employment purposes,...
IELTS Test Preparation
This is the course designed to help gain enrolment to University. It focuses on your English skills, aswell as the skills you will need to successfully undertake a Undergraduate or Postgraduate course...
IELTS is an important English testing examination that tests the fluency of English language for international students who visit New Zealand to study. AA Education Network (AA) has a free solution for students to tackle this...
Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
This is an English Language Test designed for those of non-English speaking backgrounds. This test will measure how well someone will do in a business, commerce and industry...
Located in the South Western Pacific Ocean, New Zealand (or Aotearoa – the Land of the Long White Cloud) is made up of two main islands, the North and South, as well as many smaller islands. Each island is distinctly different.
New Zealand’s mai...
Work Rights Offered to International Students Studying English Language in New Zealand
It is well known that English students can enjoy excursions and leisure trips while studying in New Zealand. Now, they can even work part-time while studying simultaneously in the country as per changes by the immigration department.
The immigration authorities in New Zealand have extended new work rights to international students who have come to the country under a Student Visa. In the new changes on work options, students studying various English courses will be entitled for certain work benefits.
There had been a decline in the number of students coming over to New Zealand to study. The worst affected were the English language schools where student enrolment dipped by 10 percent. The English schools constitute 25 percent of the total number of foreign students coming over to the country to study. To change this dismal result, the government has mulled many changes in the visa norms and immigration conditions.
The government wants to attract more number of foreigners to study in the country and also realize the following options:
- Help the students to get useful work experience while they are studying in New Zealand.
- Broaden the international market to rope in better students who want to make a bright career in English.
- Compete with the Australian colleges that also attracted better students with their post-study work right options.
Work Rights for English Language Students
Students who have enrolled in English language schools or studying an English course in colleges or universities will be able to work part-time for 14 weeks at least while they are on a Student Visa. This option is available to students studying at a university or enrolled with an education provider under Category 1.
Each institute is rated by the New Zealand Qualifying Authority (NZQA) with the help of the External Evaluation and Review (EER) process and various categories are fixed. The Category 1 institutes include those which have two highly confident judgments in their performance.
Those studying under Category 2 and Category 3 education providers will be able to work part-time as per the existing rule, provided the students have an IELTS score of 5.0 and are studying at a course that is not less than 6 months duration. Category 2 and Category 3 are those with lesser confident judgments.
Those who take up a course of at least 1 academic year will be able to work full-time during holidays. Students taking up a Masters course will be able to work for unlimited hours as per the new policy on work rights offered by the immigration department.
If you are keen to study English language in New Zealand, you can take up a course and fully-utilize work rights associated with it.
Contact us on course enquiries and suggestions.
English in New Zealand - Entry and language requirements
Tertiary entry requirements
The criteria may vary in relation to entry to tertiary study, this depends on the institution that has been chosen by the student. In most respects or cases where students are under the age of 21 sufficient evidence will need to be proved that the student is reasonably proficient at English or evidence of your English test score.
Sufficient evidence of qualifications will need to be provided in relations to certain level of study, such as:
- a New Zealand 'B' Bursary or better, or NCEA Level 3
- GCSE 'A' Levels
- STPM (Malaysia)
- Hong Kong 'A' Levels
- Australian Matriculation Year 12 Certificate
- Canadian Pre-University Programme
- Latin American students entry is determined by the institution.
In relation to your qualification assessment you will be advised by your institution, if you require your qualifications to be asses by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. The assessment costs of NZ$450. You may download the form from the NZQA website. The standard assessment process will take up to 8 weeks, these timelines are subject to a number of provisions and you should view full details of assessment timeline before you decide to proceed.
Requirements for English language tertiary institutions
It is your responsibility to provide original documents or certified photocopies of 1 of the following information;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) band score of 6 with no band less than 5.5. The IELTS is used in various tertiary institutions in United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and North America. This assesses your ability to speak, listen, read and write in relation to the academic or general training context. This was developed and managed by the University of Cambridge, the British Council and IDP Education Australia.
- A Pass in English in the New Zealand Bursary examination or NCEA Level 3
- A Pass in English in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘O’ level examination
- A TOEFL ( Princeton Test of English as a Foreign Language) paper test (not the computer test) score of 550 and a TWE (Test of Written English) score of 4 (paper – based test) or 213, Essay rating 4.0 (Computer – based test)
- Grade C3 or above in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) English 322
- Other recognised English proficiency test, copies of either your public examination certificates or your latest school, university or college transcripts.
If you require any further help please talk to us about the exact requirements.
English language schools
English is the global language of communication and variety of language intuitions offer variety of courses starting from beginner level, diversity of people who can say ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’ and obtain basic knowledge of the alphabet. So if you are absolute beginner, who would like to take the first step in language learning experience choose your favourite institution and get started on a new career path, language schools also provide private tuition which can be arrange at your own time.